This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- To: macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:44:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- References: <Pine.GSO.3.96.1021206141752.26674Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
> Historically this is not a problem.
Legally it is. The first time they delete something we need, our
distribution becomes instantly illegal.
And traditionally, the GPL hasn't allowed you to put the
responsibility of providing sources on someone else.