This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: zack at codesourcery dot com, neroden at twcny dot rr dot com, klee at apple dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, newlib at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:45:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 03:19 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
This is beyond gross. :-(
On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 02:55:38PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Perhaps --enable-maintainer-mode could be extended to specify a PATH
to use to find the tools.
It would need to be on a per-directory basis. Something like
Better to require
and then have each directory know which one to use, and require the
advanced user to have these.
OAUTOCONF = autoconf-2.14
AUTOCONF = autoconf
and then use $(AUTOCONF) for new uses, and $(OAUTOCONF) for old uses.
Also, we need a version check on the old autoconf to be sure that it
isn't too new.