This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>, klee at apple dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, newlib at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:39:22 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- Organization: SuperH UK Ltd.
> It seems that the major impact of configuring parts of a tree using
> different autoconf versions will be on people using
> --enable-maintainer-mode, so another solution might be to extend
> --enable-maintainer-mode to accept a list of directories. I suspect
> most developers will only want --enable-maintainer-mode in the
> particular area they work on.
Unfortunately, for CPU port maintainers the area they work on is a
cross-section of gcc, newlib, binutils and gdb.
SuperH (UK) Ltd.
2410 Aztec West / Almondsbury / BRISTOL / BS32 4QX
T:+44 1454 465658