Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.

On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 04:08 PM, Andrew Cagney wrote:

The 3-argument form works with both autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.50+.
So the three argument form fixes can be committed now?
Yes, that should be fine, though I'd have to do a test-configure/build of it to be 100% sure.

Right. But can the fixes be committed now (while we potentially twiddle our thums waiting for the end of the northern winter :-). I get the feeling that the answer is no. Outch!
We could use YLWRAP = $(srcdir)/ylwrap instead of YLWRAP = $(srcdir)/../ylwrap, and then include the new-style ylwrap in the GDB directory, if we chose to. I suspect it'd be better just to wait until we are willing/able to use automake to generate the makefiles for binutils/ld/gas, but I have no strong opinion either way.