This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com,gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:18:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 04:08 PM, Andrew Cagney wrote:
Yes, that should be fine, though I'd have to do a test-configure/build
of it to be 100% sure.
The 3-argument form works with both autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.50+.
So the three argument form fixes can be committed now?
Right. But can the fixes be committed now (while we potentially
twiddle our thums waiting for the end of the northern winter :-). I
get the feeling that the answer is no. Outch!
We could use YLWRAP = $(srcdir)/ylwrap instead of YLWRAP =
$(srcdir)/../ylwrap, and then include the new-style ylwrap in the GDB
directory, if we chose to. I suspect it'd be better just to wait until
we are willing/able to use automake to generate the makefiles for
binutils/ld/gas, but I have no strong opinion either way.