This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 16:08:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- References: <E818ED94-0893-11D7-A7CE-00039396EEB8@apple.com>
The 3-argument form works with both autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.50+.
So the three argument form fixes can be committed now?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll elaborate on the situation a bit in hopes that I can answer it anyway.
Right. But can the fixes be committed now (while we potentially twiddle
our thums waiting for the end of the northern winter :-). I get the
feeling that the answer is no. Outch!
Automake-1.4p5 generates Makefile.in's that use the syntax:
ylwrap PROGRAM INPUT [OUTPUT DESIRED]... -- [ARGS]...
Automake-1.7 generates Makefile.in's that use the syntax:
ylwrap INPUT [OUTPUT DESIRED]... -- PROGRAM [ARGS]...
So if we use automake-1.7 to build Makefile.in binutils/ld/gas, we need to use the ylwrap from automake-1.7 as well, which uses the new syntax and therefore requires the change to the GDB Makefile.in. I don't think it's possible to have a version of the GDB Makefile.in that works with both versions.