This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>, DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>, ac131313 at redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 05 Dec 2002 12:24:40 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- References: <A9B41CCC-088D-11D7-A7CE-00039396EEB8@apple.com>
Klee Dienes <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> As long as the versions of the tools are specified by a version string
> referencing an official version in README-maintainer-mode, and not by
> "whatever version is on sourceware.cygnus.com", I'm happy.
That works until there is a bug which is a problem for the binutils
but there is not yet a new release.
It's not a theoretical point. That's the reason we started using
versions stored on sources.redhat.com in the first place.