This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>
- To: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>, DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>, ac131313 at redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:58:22 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- References: <20021205164430.GA7865@nevyn.them.org><A5661C8C-087A-11D7-A7CE-00039396EEB8@apple.com>
Klee Dienes writes:
> I'd argue that we should:
> 1) Specify the versions of autoconf/automake/libtool/gettext by
> reference to official tarballs from ftp.gnu.org.
This places a requirement on the maintainers of ftp.gnu.org
to not delete said tarballs until binutils has been updated.
I dont' think you or they want that kind of coupling.
Better to uncouple things and have your own tarballs.
Then you can upgrade according to your schedule, not theirs.