This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: drow at mvista dot com,ac131313 at redhat dot com,binutils at sources dot redhat dot com,dj at delorie dot com,gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com,macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:37:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
That sounds fine to me. My main interest here is to make updating to
the most recent
version of the released tools be considered the "standard" thing to do.
On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 01:15 PM, Michael Elizabeth Chastain
Klee Dienes wrote:
1) Specify the versions of autoconf/automake/libtool/gettext by
reference to official tarballs from ftp.gnu.org. In general, define
the version used to be "the most recent officially released version of
I'm not a heavy autotools guy, but I do try to maintain a standardized
build + test enviroment for gdb testing. I agree with the idea of
referring to official tarballs from ftp.gnu.org. I strongly think that
the pointer should say "autoconf 2.56", for example, rather than "the
most recent officialy released version of autoconf".