This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>, klee at apple dot com, ac131313 at redhat dot com,binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:44:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- References: <20021205163549.GA7320@nevyn.them.org> <Pine.GSO.3.96.1021205173721.29101Jemail@example.com>
On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 05:39:54PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > > They're in ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/ already. Have been
> > > for years.
> > Let me rephrase that in two parts:
> > - keep them updated with the new ones
> > - be more enthusiastic about recommending people use them. Most do
> > not.
> Too bad special versions are required at all. It's a major PITA to keep
> specific versions for various packages
It's not that they're special - it's that they're _consistent_ that
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer