This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas dwarf2 assert failure for misaligned sections?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: hp at bitrange dot com
- Cc: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:42:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: gas dwarf2 assert failure for misaligned sections?
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Since you ask: yes. ;-) Breaking after allocating the frag in
> frag_new (or whereever) matching one of those addresses and
> doing a backtrace in gdb to spot the caller seems easy enough
> (looking from here). With luck you'd catch some real issue too,
> at the same time.
Got some interesting results on this. I moved the error message to
dwarf2_gen_line_info() and it seems to have the right file/line
information available! Unfortunately, if you add "-a" to the command
line, it loses the address offset :-(
I haven't been able to track down where the useful address offset is
under those conditions (listing.c closes out the frag at the end of
each source line, but even the previous frag seems empty at that
point). Unfortunately, the dwarf2 output happens before md_assemble,
so no help there.
I'm going to have to shelve this for a while, I unfortunately have
some higher-priority bugs to work on.