This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Unreviewed patch
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:08:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed patch
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- References: <20021127201637.GA7228@yeah-baby.shagadelic.org> <20021204053301.GF27956@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au>
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 04:03:02PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> + /* By sorting the orphan after place->os, we effectively changed
> + the size of that section. Adjust the size of the section to
> + reflect the additional output. */
> This I don't like. An orphan goes into its own output section. It's
> wrong to adjust the size of the previous non-orphan output section.
Well, then can you suggest another way to make the right thing happen
for SIZEOF in the presence of orphans?
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>