This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas dwarf2 assert failure for misaligned sections?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: hp at bitrange dot com
- Cc: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:47:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: gas dwarf2 assert failure for misaligned sections?
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > > I guess we should be emitting a normal error here rather than using
> > > an assert.
> > I tried to get the right file/line info, but by the time we're
> > encoding dwarf2 info (esp wrt relaxing the dwarf2 frags), we've lost
> > track of where the error really occurred.
> Correct line and file info should be in the frag being
> processed. Passing it or the frag through to out_inc_line_addr
> to emit_inc_line_addr and doesn't help?
I tried implementing this, but the frags were all empty (i.e. both
fr_file and fr_line were zero).
Is it worth going further, and finding out where those frags are
generated and fill them in?