This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: (toplevel patch) Configure host subdirs in Makefile, optionally.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com,binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, dj at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:08:31 -0500
- Subject: Re: (toplevel patch) Configure host subdirs in Makefile, optionally.
- References: <20021204000033.GA6411@doctormoo>
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 07:00:33PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> # gcc is the only module which uses GCC_FLAGS_TO_PASS.
> +.PHONY: configure-gcc maybe-configure-gcc
Something is line-wrapping you...
> @@ -1190,6 +1272,8 @@
> # it's safer to use a soft dependency.
> # Host modules specific to gcc.
> +# GCC needs to identify certain tools.
> +gcc/Makefile: maybe-configure-binutils maybe-configure-gas maybe-configure-ld maybe-configure-bison maybe-configure-flex
Ideally we would build binutils/gas/ld before configuring GCC, I think.
We try to use them in the configure script; right now this is avoided
by getting the version number out of the source tree if they're in-tree
but that detail could be cleaned up if they were built in advance.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer