This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: $ prefix to addresses in symbolsrec file was dropped (by mistake during a code cleanup, as far as I can see) between binutils 2.12 and 2.12.1
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Alan Modra" <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 00:04:50 -0000
- Subject: Re: $ prefix to addresses in symbolsrec file was dropped (by mistake during a code cleanup, as far as I can see) between binutils 2.12 and 2.12.1
- References: <023f01c29b11$bfc80020$78d96f83@pomello> <20021203235405.GZ27956@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au>
Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:20:05PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> In cvs revision 1.16 of bfd/srec.c, the $ prefix to addresses in a
>> symbolsrec file was dropped.
>> Based on the log message, it sounds like this was accidental, whilst
>> the code was refactored to not use sprintf (because of the risk of
>> buffer overruns).
>> The relevant section of code is the block of changes about 15 lines
>> from the bottom of this patch:
> Oops. Thanks for the time you took to track down where the problem
> was introduced.
No problem. After my fun with hash tables, it was pleasantly trivial.