This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ELF/m68k visibility handling in shared libraries
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:26:59 +1030
- Subject: Re: ELF/m68k visibility handling in shared libraries
- References: <email@example.com> <20021203200735.GJ11798@redhat.com>
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:07:35PM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Visibility changes are applied after all
> object files are read (and visibilities merged).
See the elf_backend_hide_symbol call in elf_link_add_object_symbols,
which is where check_relocs is called. Not all visibility changes
> check_relocs is called during the reading of the objects.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre