This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: again undefined symbol __dso_handle
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Christian Mudra <mudra at informatik dot uni-kl dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:36:52 +1030
- Subject: Re: again undefined symbol __dso_handle
- References: <20021111171826.A5777@thot.informatik.uni-kl.de>
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 05:18:26PM +0100, Christian Mudra wrote:
> I stumbled about a strange linking behaviour of ld vs. gcc.
> Linking a shared lib with ld will lead to the __dso_symbol not found' message
> when starting a binary linked against it. Linking the shared lib with gcc,
> the bug doesn't happen.
If you add -v to the gcc command line, you will see that gcc links
against other objects. Always use gcc to link. It will save you a
lot of pain.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre