Re: bfd/elf.c : bfd_seek to 0 valid ?

Richard Earnshaw wrote:
[..]

Well, since pos is calculated to be hdr->sh_offset + offset, and since it seams reasonable for offset to be zero, the question has to be (assuming offset can't be negative!) is it legitimate for hdr->sh_offset to zero.

My guess is that the answer to that question should normally be 'no', and the reason for it being so is that the section hasn't been mapped into the output bfd.

R.

section->name = '.rel.dyn' (output section); the content itself comes from a '.rel.got'.

I have the impression, that for some reason, the .rel.dyn section does not
get a fileposition assigned (resulting in the hdr->sh_offset == 0).

Where should this mapping to the output bfd happen ?

Greetings,
--
Jeroen Dobbelaere
Embedded Software Engineer