Re: PATCH: Skip the test if the cross binary fails to run.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 03:22:55PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:

> "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
>
> > If you have a cross compiler in PATH, but no target board, "make check"
> > will fail in binutils when it tries to run the cross binary on the build
> > machine. This patch skips the test.
>
> Please don't do that, the test is important.  At least mark the test
> as ERROR rather than skipping it altogether.

I must have missed something. Can you tell me how you are going to run
those tests if there is no hardware nor simulator to run on? There is
already

    if { [target_compile "$srcdir/$subdir/testprog.c $add_libs" tmpdir/testprog executable $flags]  != "" } {
        return 2
    }

I got an ERROR since I have the cross compiler to Linux/mips, but no
Linux/mips hardware nor simulator to run those binaries.

H.J.