Re: nm and objdump when no symbols

Hi Alan,

> > I think that error messages should be sent to stderr and not stdout.
>
> Agreed.  This message isn't an error.

Welllll maybe.  I guess it can be viewed in two ways:

  You asked to see the symbols and there are none to be seen so the
  message is informative, letting you know that the program is not
  broken.

  You expected to see symbols and yet you gave the program a file with
  no symbols in it.  Therefore you made an error in your selection of
  input file.

I am open to either interpretation however, so if you want to move the
message to stdout, please do so.