This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: write.c (subsegs_finish): Don't specially align last subseg.
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:48:40 +0930
- Subject: Re: write.c (subsegs_finish): Don't specially align last subseg.
- References: <200208062147.OAA07980@casey.transmeta.com> <20020806220413.GE3546@redhat.com>
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 03:04:13PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:47:12PM -0700, Doug Evans wrote:
> > Has the "proper nop-filling" been achieved via other means?
> The linker now supports nop-filling with an arbitrary
> pattern, rather than 2-byte patterns only.
> > Was the "proper nop-filling" the wrong thing to do?
> It caused bug reports about sections with the wrong size.
> I don't recall the specific complaint at the moment.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre