This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: write.c (subsegs_finish): Don't specially align last subseg.
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>
- Cc: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:04:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: write.c (subsegs_finish): Don't specially align last subseg.
- References: <200208062147.OAA07980@casey.transmeta.com>
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:47:12PM -0700, Doug Evans wrote:
> Has the "proper nop-filling" been achieved via other means?
The linker now supports nop-filling with an arbitrary
pattern, rather than 2-byte patterns only.
> Was the "proper nop-filling" the wrong thing to do?
It caused bug reports about sections with the wrong size.
I don't recall the specific complaint at the moment.