Re: Version script help needed

On Montag, 5. August 2002 20:06, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Doug Evans wrote:
> > Is this documented somewhere?
>
> I don't have the mails anymore which were exchanged at the time this
> code was written.  The documentation of the versioning mechanism which
> exists (so far) is somewhere on my home page
> (http://people.redhat.com/drepper/).

http://people.redhat.com/drepper/symbol-versioning to be exact. But this only
documents the use of a version script in combination with .symver ops for all
involved symbols. But the version script also affects symbols without
versions attached and this behaviour and it's interaction with .symver
symbols is undocumented (unspecified?), or?

Hmm, or are you trying to say: "On Linux always use .symver to attach a
version first , use the version script only to globalize/localize already
versioned symbols, do not use it to attach versions to symbols."?

Franz.