This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: The new mips gas breaks gcc 2.96
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>,Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>,Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:06:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: The new mips gas breaks gcc 2.96
- References: <20020801155126.A20487@lucon.org> <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020802104411.24360Cemail@example.com>
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 10:48:53AM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > I have no plan to change all the scripts which use -mcpu. As I said,
> > I will change my Linux binutils so that at least it will take -mcpu.
> How about adding a translation from "-mcpu=x" to "-march=x -mtune=x" to
> your gcc's specs? It should be the least maintenance trouble and is
> probably the right solution for an obsolete compiler.
I can't force it for all the users of my Linux binutils. Besides, until
gcc 3.2 is stable enough, I won't obsolete my gcc 2.96.