This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: The new mips gas breaks gcc 2.96
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>, "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 01 Aug 2002 12:18:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: The new mips gas breaks gcc 2.96
- References: <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020801211247.8256Xemail@example.com>
On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 12:14, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > The documentation says -mcpu for i386 is the same as -mtune is now for
> > MIPS, while -march has similiar meaning on both. But the old -mcpu for
> > MIPS did select scheduling as well as the set of valid opcodes.
> That justifies the change, indeed. Too bad the selection was broken in
> the first place.
Yup. Also, the gcc steering committee has said that march/mtune will be
I don't want a pony, I want a rocket