i960-* and b.out

Hi,

I know that unfortunately a lot of i960 tools defaulted to b.out
for the default name but this oddity is causing unnecessary
issues with at least the RTEMS configurery.  Is there an easy
way to change this so it defaults to a.out like everything else?
Would this cause grief?

Or am I missing some trivial thing like using the wrong ld
emulation?

THanks.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985