Re: compatibility of (mips ELF) .o files between binutils versions?

Hi H.J.

> > It appears to be a problem with the relocs.  What does 'objdump -r'
> > show for the 2.11.2 assembled binary vs the 2.12.1 assembled binary ?
>
> As I recall, gas/mips 2.11.2 generates really bad files under certain
> conditions. I agree ld shouldn't segfault. But I don't expect it will
> generate correct results.

Well providing it produces a reasonable error message and exits
cleanly, that would be enough.

I guess that we need a test object file with which to investigate the
problem.

Chris - can you generate a *small* binary and post it/point to it ?