Re: PATCH: Put .gmo files in the build directory

On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 08:39, H. J. Lu wrote:

I have some news for you. Please do this in the binutils build
directory:

It doesn't matter. Arguing with something that is wrong won't help. Beside, the intl/Makefile comes from the gettext package and you don't
want to diverge.
H.J. is right here. For GDB and BINUTILS, generated files are created in the BUILD tree - see c-exp.tab.c et.al. in GDB. The release process then uses smoke and mirrors to get those generated files bundled into a distro.

Given that this has all worked for longer than I remember - GDB also gets complaints about .gmo files being put in the [ro] src tree - I can't think why these files should be handled differently.

Which reminds me, gdb/394.

Andrew