Re: Overlapping patterns in toplevel configure.in

> The toplevel congfigure.in script contains a case pattern *-*-linux* that
> overrules the pattern mips*-*-linux*.  The first pattern only exists in
> the gcc repository, not in the src repository.  There are also other linux
> cases that are not a superset of the generic *-*-linux* case.  What is the
> best way to resolve that?  Perhaps the generic linux pattern should be
> moved to a separate case statement.  But there is also a catch-all
> pattern at the end that disables libgcj for all not explicitly mentioned
> targets unless --enable-libgcj is given.  In other words, it's a big
> mess. :-(

I'm currently working on syncing the toplevel files between gcc and
src, so at least please wait until I finish that, or at least make
sure both sides get updated.  Otherwise, simply rearranging the
patterns so that the more specific ones come first makes sense;
perhaps put all the chip-independent patterns at the end?