Re: binutils & Windows device drivers

>>Could anyone tell me if binutils supports the PE-386 format used by
>>Windows device drivers (.sys) ?
>>
>Sadly, it appears that this format is not supported.

Actually the .sys format seems to be a 'standard' PE-i386. The problem I
experienced with the latest CVS binutils was that
IMAGE_SCN_MEM_NOT_PAGED was not supported. I removed the check in bfd,
and I got objdump to work properly (which was all I needed). Is there an
easy way to add support for IMAGE_SCN_MEM_NOT_PAGED without too much
changes in BFD ?

>In fact it is not clear of the specification for this format is in the
>public domain.  If it is a proprietary specification belonging to
>Microsoft, then it will not be possible to add code to binutils to
>handle this format.

Laurent Pinchart