RE: gprof/sprof and shared libraries...again

On Thursday, April 04, 2002 2:29 PM, H . J . Lu wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong.  Ulrich was trying to say "LD_PROFILE
> intercepts the calls to every exported interface made from a DSO."

Okay, this makes more sense in that it coincides with what you, H.J., said
earlier about LD_PROFILE.  That much I can completely understand.  I was
wrong in thinking what it did.

I just need a process that does what I *want* it to do, now that I
understand that my original process was created out of ignorance on my part.
My example is pretty self-contained...someone is more than welcome to
add/subtract/multiply/divide my commands to get the output I am expecting.

(I read on one web site that "gprof cmd libsome.so.profile" would display a
profile for calls *to* a DSO, but I get the ol' "unsupported version 131071"
error on my libsome.so.profile.)

Paul Braman
Paul_Braman@tvratings.com