Re: libtool changes for HP-UX IA64 support

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 04:07:56PM -0800, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> Since it doesn't look like we will be able to update libtool in binutils
> for the 2.12 release, I have created a patch for the libtool that is
> checked in to binutils.  I am hoping someone can review it and check it
> in.  I don't have write permission but I do have a copyright assignment
> on file.  HP-UX IA64 support is already in the top-of-tree libtool so
> there is no problem with that, these changes could also be put into the
> GCC tree if desired but I am less concerned with that as GCC 3.1 won't
> have full HP-UX IA64 support anyway and I am hoping that by the time GCC
> 3.2 is released libtool would have been updated to the latest sources.

Both I and Alexandre approve of this patch, so it certainly should go
in.  Is there anyone out there more familiar than I with what needs to
be regenerated to do this?

My installed auto* are different enough from the existing ones, and
even those on sourceware marked as 'right' for this tree take away all
the nice '\'s in Makefile.in's and produce some attrocious long lines.

If there's a new blessed version, it'd be nice to know what it was.
I'd even suggest it should be in the tree somewhere!