Re: non coherent options, switches and descriptions

 Joseph> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Paul Koning wrote:
 >> the >> binutils effect.

 Neil> Sounds like a plan to me 8-)
 >>  Um... but I remember makefiles that use it.

 Joseph> The only case they can use that will actually work reliably
 Joseph> is -V with the exact same compiler version as that of the
 Joseph> driver.  The only makefiles I remember as doing this were
 Joseph> those of libc5, which I don't think are now relevant.

Sorry, I meant user makefiles.

       paul