Re: Binutils checkin policy (Re: i386 gas is broken)

> I don't think it is a bad idea for people working on ELF to get a
> cheap x86 box to run Linux/x86 with the current glibc.

If you are willing to buy them cheap x86 boxes, we can consider this
idea.  However, we're all volunteers and we can't set a policy that
requires volunteers to spend money just to test and submit patches.

If there are parts of the elf linker that are only tested on
x86/linux, then they should only be changed by patches that are *for*
x86/linux.  If the code is being patched for a different platform,
then that platform should test that code also.  There should be no
reason to require testing on x86 for patches for other platforms.