Re: [Patch] updated ltcf-*.sh, ltconfig, ltmain.sh

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Is there a reason for pulling in GCC's hacks rather than going to the
> official version per src/MAINTAINERS:
>
> ltconfig; ltmain.sh
>          libtool: http://gnu.org
>          Changes need to be done in tandem with the official LIBTOOL
>          sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
>          in via a merge.

It was my impression from Alexandre that he had already imported these
changes from the official sources into gcc's tree.  For some reason, they
weren't imported into the binutils/gdb tree at that time.

> If we pull in a GCC hack such as:
>
> >  2001-07-21  Michael Chastain  <chastain@redhat.com>
> > * ltconfig: Set max_cmd_len to a maximum of 512Kb, as it seems some
> >         HPUX 11.0 systems have trouble with 1MB.  Mark as gcc-local.
> >         * ltmain.sh: Mark as gcc-local.
>
> then (no offence to MichaelC) we're taking on the responsibility of
> carrying that patch forward everytime a further import occures.

I understand this is in the official sources now, so it's not actually a
gcc-local hack.  Perhaps the entry should be changed.

I do need this to be able to configure on our HPUX 11.0 systems.

--
Jeff Holcomb
jeffh@redhat.com