Re: how to get rid of dot symbols

Hi Dmitry,

> So, can anyone tell me what the input_line_pointer exactly for,
> except I use it in expressions?

It is the pointer into the input text stream for the current source
line that is being assembled.  It is most commonly used inside the
machine-specific parsing routines, called via the md_assemble()
routine.

> There is a little info on this variable in docs, but not enough to
> know when use and  when use not this variable.

Use it whenever you want to scan forwards through the input text (of
the current source line only).