Re: PATCH: Fix the MIPS ISA ELF setting (Re: RedHat 7.1/mipsupdate)

jim@jtan.com ("Jim Paris") writes:
> > I was told he was happy with my changes.
>
> Yep, that's correct.  It doesn't really matter to me whether the
> compiler is doing any tricky platform-specific stuff; I just needed
> access to particular instructions from inline assembly.  H.J's patch and
>
> 	-mips2 -Wa,-m4100
>
> work perfectly.

I'd suggest that, at least to my mind, supporting ".set <random
architecture>" is the right way to accomplish this.

Right now you can do e.g.:

	.set push
	.set mips4
	instructions
	.set pop

but you can't do that for any architecture string.  I don't think it'd
be hard to do, it's just a matter of doing it.

cgd