This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Add the "ld -r" test for ELF visibility.
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add the "ld -r" test for ELF visibility.
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:31:13 -0500 (EST)
- cc: <cgd at broadcom dot com>, <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:
> How about this patch? Tested on Linux/x86 and Linux/alpha.
That's what I was thinking of, except (for both tests)...
> +#target: *-*-*
The target-specifier is optional; you don't need it for *-*-*.
> + .: [0-9a-fA-F]* 0 NOTYPE GLOBAL PROTECTED . protected
Not sure why I think so, but I think the last "#..." should
better be "#pass". Perhaps it's because things then look a bit
clearer when the test fails.
Another caveat is that the order of the symbols might change,
the test fail, but the output still be valid. Perhaps different
tests, each selecting one line, if it's important.