This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: "unsupported reloc" errors with binutils-188.8.131.52.5 and g++-2.96 on ia64
- To: Randolph Chung <tausq at debian dot org>
- Subject: Re: "unsupported reloc" errors with binutils-184.108.40.206.5 and g++-2.96 on ia64
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:15:14 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, chris at debian dot org
- References: <20011014120315.E716@tausq.org>
On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 12:03:15PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> With binutils-220.127.116.11.5 and g++-2.96 we are seeing quite a lot of linker errors
> in different c++ applications similar to this:
> compiler/AssignStmt.o(.vector<Expr *, allocator<Expr *> >::IA_64.unwind_info.gnu.linkonce.t._M_insert_aux(Expr **, Expr *const &)+0x10): unsupported reloc
> i tried to track this down some more.. it's failing in
> elfNN_ia64_relocate_section in handling the r_type == R_IA64_SEGREL64LSB
> case. The check "if (bfd_is_abs_section (sym_sec->output_section))" is
> I don't know what this means, but hope someone else does...
> The last binutils i had on my system was 18.104.22.168.31 and that worked
> ok... We also tried gcc-3.0.2 (20010922 cvs snapshot) and that worked
> in the cases we tried as well.
It looks like a binutils bug. Please provide a small testcase. I will
try to fix it.