This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: -z combreloc
- To: "Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris at debian dot org>
- Subject: Re: -z combreloc
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 20:57:42 -0400
- Cc: Jack Howarth <howarth at nitro dot med dot uc dot edu>,binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> Also, why should I diverge from the numbering scheme when no other vendors
> are? There are sub-versioning done on a Debian level anyway (ie. the
> latest package in the archive is 220.127.116.11.5-2).
Hmm, at least you're subversioning.
Why diverge from numbers? It helps clarify the origins of a non FSF
release of a tool. Someone files a bug with ``2.11.92.hj.5'' then
everyone knows that it is a H.J. branch. On the other hand, 18.104.22.168.5
could either be H.J. the FSF, or even some other party.
your choice I guess,