This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: -z combreloc
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: -z combreloc
- From: "Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris at debian dot org>
- Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:29:14 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: Jack Howarth <howarth at nitro dot med dot uc dot edu>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> I'm just suggesting a rename of the version number to something that
> contains more than digits. To pull something out of thin air -
> 2.11.2.debian.5. That way there isn't any confusion between your
> releases and the official binutils releases.
> As best as I can tell, both you and H.J. have now both adopted an
> identical branch versioning schema. Arrrg!
All of the Debian packages are based upon H.J.'s versions. In fact, the
tarball within the .orig.tar.gz is straight from his ftp area. Any
patches applied are contained the the debian/patches dir in the source
Also, why should I diverge from the numbering scheme when no other vendors
are? There are sub-versioning done on a Debian level anyway (ie. the
latest package in the archive is 22.214.171.124.5-2).