This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Various SH fixes; make R_SH_REL32 partial_inplace etc.
- To: kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Subject: Re: Various SH fixes; make R_SH_REL32 partial_inplace etc.
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:01:12 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, kaz Kojima wrote:
> I've tried to bootstrap current GCC (3.1 CVS) using binutils in
> CVS and your patch in
> and found a new problem of SH assembler for a merge section.
> A testcase is the following foo.s:
Just to tell you that I've not forgotten. Thanks for your
report, test-case, patch -- and for your patience.
> The appended patch adjusts inplace relocation against a symbol in
> a merge section, like as for weak symbols. With this patch, gcc-3.1
> can bootstrap for sh-unknown-linux-gnu.
I assume your patch for reg_overlap_mentioned_for_reload_p to
gcc is still needed.
> BTW, make check for g++ (3.1 CVS) reports 15 failures and 2 XPASSs.
> All failures except for g++.jason/thunk3.C and g++.other/enum5.C
> are for g++.dg/opt/vtgc1.C. XPASS cases are g++.pt/decl2.C and