This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compatibility with "am"/"ams"
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compatibility with "am"/"ams"
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 15:37:57 -0400
- Cc: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010929214059.C7417@lucon.org>
- Reply-To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 09:40:59PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> gcc 2.96 from Red Hat uses "am"/"ams" for SHF_MERGE. But now binutils
> no longer accepts them. That means you cannot use the current binutils
> with gcc 2.96. That can lead to many unnecessary problems. I can deal
> with it myself. I think we should provide a safe compatible binutils.
My original patch which changed m, s to M, S contained the compatibility
part (see http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-09/msg00152.html), but
Alan did not want that in, that's why I use it in Red Hat binutils as a
patch. If you could include this in your binutils too (at least for some
time), it would be great though.