This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA:] test-case for relocs for linkonce-excluded sections don't become zero, causing g++ EH failure
- To: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] test-case for relocs for linkonce-excluded sections don't become zero, causing g++ EH failure
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:48:03 +0200
- CC: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, philb at gnu dot org
> Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:34:16 +0930
> From: Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 07:57:37PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > I'll take a look at it - we might be able to get rid of kept_section
> > as that was something I added to struct sec when writing this
> > bit of code.
> Yes, we can. The test in cofflink.c is redundant, as all removed
> link-once sections have their output_section set to bfd_abs_section.
> All the other code accessing kept_section was involved in fudging
> removed section sym values.
> bfd/ChangeLog [...]
Now I just have to bother Phil Blundell for a 2.11.3 with this
or GeoffK:s patch. ;-)
Should I commit the test-case (except without the xfail -- it