This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA:] test-case for relocs for linkonce-excluded sections don't become zero, causing g++ EH failure
- To: geoffk at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] test-case for relocs for linkonce-excluded sections don't become zero, causing g++ EH failure
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:09:59 +0200
- CC: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:04:56 -0700
> From: Geoff Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> the conclusion that was generally
> agreed was that ld's behaviour is correct, and that GCC should instead,
> for functions in linkonce sections, also put their EH data in linkonce
> See <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-06/msg00413.html>
> and the following thread.
Thanks. A nice little patch there for the "bug", which I'll use
locally until Someone does TRT. Speaking of DTRT, I see
Any news about that? Did something come out of it? What can I
(or Someone) do to help?
In the meantime, there's a serious misunderstanding of linkonce
functionality between gcc and binutils in CVS.