This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Internal error in BFD
- To: Edwin Roos <eroo at oce dot nl>
- Subject: Re: Internal error in BFD
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:14:16 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <3BB1A83D.email@example.com> <20010926132445.A1529@lucon.org> <3BB2EBAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 11:04:42AM +0200, Edwin Roos wrote:
> I found the solution. Still think it should not happen. What happened
> was the following. The sources of the application were located on a
> Windows 2000 machine, which was mounted to my Linux machine. On Linux I
> run the makefiles. Compiling was fine, until it started using ar for
> generating a library. At that point I think there is a conflict between
> the ar program on Linux and the NTFS mounted drive on Windows 2000. When
> I copied the complete source tree to the Linux machine it compiled and
> linked without any errors. Somehow the ar program is not able to create
> a library on a NTFS drive.
I forworded it to the binutils mailing list.