This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas listing bug
- To: Geoff Berry <geoffb at bops dot com>
- Subject: Re: gas listing bug
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:39:48 +0930
- Cc: "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <6476CB7C06B86D46A0C5BF34EACD3833038620@rtpsrv001.rtp.bops.com>
On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 06:09:38PM -0400, Geoff Berry wrote:
> * listing.c: Don't write past the end of `line' when EOF is reached.
I'm a little curious about why the "..." is appended in buffer_line.
Does anyone know? The only way I managed to trigger it was with input
files that didn't finish with a new-line. Since you get a warning in
that particular case, it hardly seems necessary. I suspect the original
purpose was to show when gas became confused about listing line numbers.