This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] pei386, ld auto-import
- To: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] pei386, ld auto-import
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 24 Sep 2001 16:29:17 +0100
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3BAE596F.email@example.com>
> Could somebody on arm-epoc-pe or other non-DLL-supporting pe platform
> please verify that this patch allows successful compilation/operation
> of binutils? the patched version does work on cygwin (but the
> unpatched version worked on cygwin, too)
As you have probably guessed this version of the patch is unsuitable
too. There are two problems:
1. The new function pe_get_data_import_dll_name() is defined inside
#ifdef DLL_SUPPORT code, and so is not present for targets like
arm-epoc-pe. (This of course is easily fixed).
2. The new function pe_get_data_import_dll_name() is a global
function and will be multiply defined if ld is configured for
more than one PE target. eg when building ld with
--enable-targets=all specified. This is much harder to fix.
I have applied a workaround instead - of moving the definition of the
pe_data_import_dll variable outside of the #ifdef DLL_SUPPORT
controlled code - however if you feel that this is unsuitable then
please feel free to submit a different solution.