This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.11.2 & arm-aout
- To: Quality Quorum <qqi at world dot std dot com>
- Subject: Re: 2.11.2 & arm-aout
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:23:53 +0100
- cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> I had built arm-aout cross tool chain using binutils-2.11.2. I found one
> anomaly in the generated output:
> (a)first four bytes of header are
> in little-endian order instead of netorder,
That's how it's intended to be; what makes you think they should be in any
order other than the native endianness of the object?
> (b) first four bytes of
> header contain only magic number, no machine type information.
Not sure about that one; it depends on what type of object you were trying