This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Negative bignum expressions
- To: Geoff Berry <geoffb at bops dot com>
- Subject: Re: Negative bignum expressions
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:40:22 +0930
- Cc: "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <6476CB7C06B86D46A0C5BF34EACD38330385FC@rtpsrv001.rtp.bops.com>
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 07:25:58PM -0400, Geoff Berry wrote:
> I'm seeing some inconsistent behavior in the way gas handles bignums.
> On x86, the following code is accepted:
> .quad 9187201950435737472
> while the following is rejected (Error: bignum invalid; zero assumed)
> .quad -9187201950435737472
You can't use any arithmetic operator on bignums, including unary "-".
A workaround for this particular case is to configure gas with