This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- To: Changwoo Pyo <pyo at hongik dot ac dot kr>
- Subject: Re: Relocation
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 20 Sep 2001 08:44:12 +0100
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3BA99720.550E7109@hongik.ac.kr>
> I'd like to know which parts of the source files should be modifed
> if I would change the outcome of relocation for x86 processor.
> I would like to modify the souce files to get binary files different
> from normal ones for experimental purpose.
It is not very clear from your posting exactly what you are trying to
do. It sounds as though you want to add some new relocations to the
x86 target, or possibly modify some already existing ones.
The files you will most likely want to examine and edit are:
include/elf/i386.h -- to add new relocation numbers
bfd/reloc.c -- to add new BFD_RELOC_386_... enums
(don't forget to run 'make headers'
afterwards to regenerate bfd-in2.h)
bfd/elf32-i386.c -- to add code to process the new relocs.
gas/config/tc-i386.c -- to add code to generate the new relocs.